UCSF Medical Center offers a 52-week dietetic internship with a Nutrition
Therapy concentration in a dynamic teaching medical center environment. The
internship includes experiences under the supervision of Registered
Dietitians in clinical nutrition, management, and nutrition counseling and
education. On satisfactory completion of the year, interns are eligible for
active membership in the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Over 800 Registered Dietitians have completed our dietetic internship program since it began in 1934. Our graduates are
employed as clinical and outpatient dietitians, managers in clinical nutrition and food service, and in non-traditional jobs.
The Dietetic Internship at UCSF Medical Center is accredited
by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- UCSF Medical Center (375 beds): A tertiary care teaching hospital with urgent care/emergency department and adult primary and specialty inpatient care
- Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospitals and Clinics: Inpatient and partial hospitalization program for mental health services
- Ambulatory Care Center: To provide outpatient services for adult patients in a variety of specialties
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital at Mission Bay (183 beds):
Urgent care/emergency department and pediatric primary and specialty inpatient care
- UCSF Women's Specialty Hospital at Mission Bay (36 beds):
Cancer care, specialty surgery, birth center and select women's ambulatory services
- UCSF Cancer Hospital at Mission Bay Part of the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (70 beds):
Inpatient and outpatient cancer services; including inpatient and outpatient surgery for broad range of cancer specialties
- Medical Building
To provide outpatient services for children, women and cancer patients
- Adult Dialysis Center
- Cancer Resource Center
- Nutrition Counseling Clinic
Intern Experiences: 2016-2017
- 2016-2017 Internship Start Date: August 1, 2016
- Interns will have the opportunity to complete rotations at our campuses at Parnassus Heights, Mission Bay and Mount Zion.
- We will accept 10 dietetic interns for the 2015-16 year.
- The internship will be 52 weeks.
Application Deadline for the 2016-2017 Internship Year:
- UCSF Supplemental Application Postmark Date: 2/13/2016
- D & D Deadline and DICAS Deadline: 11:59pm (Central Time) 2/15/2016
For more information about the Dietetic Internship Open House, click here